This past weekend we had one good game that we won and one that we lost. My youngest son's team lost their game against Ventura....we gave that game away with all the mistakes and turnovers. Teams just cannot turn the ball over and expect to win. The Head Coach got thrown out too, the ref was just too over zealous about tossing him, but he was advocating for his kids' safety and that is always acceptable. Noah was in on many tackles and carried the ball a bit, but it was a pretty lackluster performance.
Joey's team....the one I am Defensive Coordinator for won. We played Saugus and won 12-6. The score should have been twice that on our side, we had a TD called back and then we got stuck on the one yard line and turned to ball over on downs. Still, my defense rocked and we had some great performances and I am pleased. Joey did great, he kicked butt at his linebacker spot and carried the ball like a bull. I promised a one hundred dollar reward for a TD and he bulled his way down to the one yard line and unfortunately, we were stopped. Next time Joey.
Next week we play a Santa Clarita team that runs the Double Wing...and they are very good at it....I have a HUGE challenge coming up and I hope we are prepared for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment