I just found an old teammate from my German football team....the Osnabruck Silverbacks, though they are now named the Tigers. Germany has an amazing American Football community, more teams there than any other Euro country. I am so glad to have found Knut.....he was a great linebacker and awesome friend.
I have also connected with the General Manager of my old team and have been invited to come over and coach for them again.....what a stoker!!!! It will be three years at least before I can retire from the FD and be able to go over and coach for a season....but it gives me something to really look forward to.
I might be able to swing going over for one month next year or maybe the year after....we'll see how that works out and how the wife feels about it.....that is key!!!!
We will try to establish a "sister team" relationship with the Tigers youth football.......our Cougars would fit well with that and it would be fun.
I have emailed Knut a few times and we have chatted a good bit, what a treat to find an old friend so far away and so much time gone. Funny how life goes in circles some times.
No comments:
Post a Comment